Salesforce.com is the primary offering from Salesforce. The popular CRM (customer relationship management) service has several components, among them IoT, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Analytics Cloud, Data Cloud, Community Cloud, and App Cloud. So, why is Salesforce so popular?
- Marketing companies usually have large territories. Salesforce CRM allows you to track and monitor everything your team does, no matter the size of the territory, thereby saving you time, resources, and energy. Some of the things Salesforce can do include automation and better management of territories and lead processing, assignment of leads to users according to parameters that are business smart and customized around the goals of your business, instant email notifications for easy follow up by your sales reps, and greater efficiency since people will not be calling HQ all the time.
- Salesforce allows you to track competitors and to manage opportunities. This is particularly important in today’s competitive marketplace. Salesforce has in-built tools that ensure opportunities are followed up and noting is forgotten, you are able to respond faster to clients, and you will know when your competitors are making such offers as coupons and discounts.
- With Salesforce, forecasting is made easy. You not only know exactly what is happening, but you will also forecast the decline and growth of your company. You are able to do calculation-based forecasting using the info you get from your sales team, to clearly divide difference between booked and recurring revenues, and to do customizable forecasting based on parameters that are business smart.
- Salesforce allows you to better do order management. You are able to do such things as turning estimates into orders and more with a single click, get automated and customized reports based on exactly what you need to see, get a fully customizable dashboard for easy use in the organization, and do customer intelligence.
- If you use Salesforce well, you will be able to anticipate customer needs and you will know what they are missing out. This means your sales team or account management team will get more revenue from existing customers.
- You need not worry about the security of your data with Salesforce solutions. Salesforce is the most trusted cloud today. You will have granular control over your entire account, from data access to user authentication. The company’s data security uses a rigorous, multi-layered approach and it sets the industry standard.
- Salesforce gives you great flexibility. You can develop your own apps or customize the core CRM using the many tools provided, but you should hire a sales force developer for the best results.
- The Salesforce open app ecosystem allows you to get powerful solutions that are specific to the marketing industry. These over 2,600 apps in the Salesforce AppExchange have millions of installs to date and they are backed by helpful reviews. You can use third-party apps to extend Salesforce into any department in your organization. You are able to use a single platform for different aspects of your marketing business, from sales to marketing, from social communities to customer service, and from analytics to supply chain management.
Other benefits include:
- Personalized help boosts customer loyalty and satisfaction
- The “Product Schedules” feature allows you to track future revenue
- You do not have to start from scratch – you will hit the ground running
- Salesforce has a mobile-first approach
The company is socially responsible, donating 1% of its time, product, and profit to those in need in its 1-1-1 model. Salesforce has over 17,000 employees and over 100,000 clients, including Fortune 500 companies. This is proof that it has been doing something right since 1999.